Friday 13 October 2017

A Peek at What I've Been Doing

'Snow Robin'

The weeks seem to be running away with me, I can't believe we are already in the middle of October and yet I am loving the feeling of Autumn, of the wild winds and rainbow of colours as the leaves change and fall.  I find it a pretty invigorating season and it seems to spur me on as the run up to Christmas becomes busier.

I thought I'd write a post to tell you what I've been up to of late, a little insight into my working days here in my Yorkshire.

For those of you who don't know, I work from a little wooden studio which sits at the bottom of my garden by a river.  We are lucky to have visits from all kinds of wildlife, and it's a pleasure to sit with the door open, listening to the birds and the bubble of the water over the stones.

My Studio

So what have I been up to of late?

I've done a lot of work this year for private clients and a publishing company, and it's been a pleasure to create many varied commission pieces and a lovely body of coastal themed work for the publishers.  You can find a collection of prints and cards available through Whistlefish Galleries, including this new collection of Christmas cards which I did earlier in the year.

Whistlefish Christmas Cards

I've also recently launched a limited release Christmas card 'Snow Robin' (shown at the beginning of this post) which you can find in my own online shop (link in side bar).  They come in packs of five and cost £10 GBP. 

Work has started on a couple of new paintings which will be heading to a new gallery!  I'm really excited to have been offered the opportunity to work with The Robin's Nest Gallery, and as well as two brand new originals, they will also be stocking a collection of my cards, prints and mugs.

Riverside - work in progress for The Robin's Nest Gallery

Behind the scenes I am also busily working on preparing for my first workshop which I'm hosting in Hoylandswaine in Yorkshire, on November 25th.  Already almost sold out and only two places left available, I am so looking forward to spending an afternoon with a lovely group of people as we create Christmas Heart decorations together.  Would you like to join us?  You would be so welcome!  There is a lot more information about the afternoon over on the Eventbrite website where you can book your place - just enter the code: get my ticket to find out more.




Finally...as most of this year has been spent working on commissions and publishing art, I've not managed to get many originals finished for myself.  However, I recently finished and had framed this colourful and summery piece - Hidden Shores which was inspired by drives down to the beach along high banked country lanes, full of grasses and wild flowers and every now and then that tantalising glimpse of sparkling sea in the distance.

Hidden Shores

This painting will be available in my online shop early next week, however you are very welcome to reserve it if you are interested, just get in touch and I'll send you more details.

So, the rest of the day sees me heading back down the garden to hopefully finish up the Riverside painting and start some sketches for the next piece.  I'm also hoping to start a collection of Christmas Hearts next week, so plenty to keep me busy and out of trouble!

If you've enjoyed this post and would like to keep up with what I'm doing in the studio then you're welcome to sign up to be on my Mailing List - you'll receive a lovely 10% off gift code to use on your first order in my shop, as well as getting studio news, you will also receive previews of all new art and exclusive sales.  There is a sign up link in the side bar here, as well as on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment